PipTick VWAP is a version of the Volume-Weighted Average Price indicator. VWAP is the ratio between the traded value (price multiplied by the number of traded volume) and the total traded volume for a certain period of time. It measures the average price of an instrument much better than a regular moving average. Although there are many ways to use VWAP, most investors use it to calculate the average daily range.
The indicator operates in five modes:
- Moving – In this mode, the PipTick WVAP acts as a moving average with a certain period.
- Daily-In this mode, PipTick VWAP performs calculations from the beginning to the end of the day.
- Weekly-In this mode, PipTick VWAP performs calculations from the beginning to the end of the week.
- Monthly – In this mode, PipTick VWAP performs calculations from the beginning to the end of the month.
- Session Time – In this mode, the user selects the start and end time for PipTick VWAP calculations.
Many traders use VWAP bands in the same way as Bollinger Bands. You can look for reverse trades on the second or third standard deviation from the VWAP. The combination with price action or candle patterns will help you achieve very good results. Of course, PipTick VWAP can also be used for benchmarking, as many investors do.
- Multiple modes to choose from
- Calculation of real and tick volume (MT5)
- First, second, and third standard deviation from VWAP
- Fast and reliable indicator
- Configurable parameters (color, line thickness, VWAP period…)
- It can be used to create an Expert Advisor
- Designed for MT4 and MT5
- Volume_Method – Selection of tick or real volume
- VWAP_Mode – Select the operating mode: moving, daily, weekly, monthly, and session time. (For the iCustom function, the mode is moving = 0, daily = 1, weekly = 2, monthly = 3, and session time = 4)
- MA_Period – The period for calculating the moving average
- Session_Start_Hour – Start time when session time mode is selected. In other cases, this parameter is ignored
- Session_End_Hour – The hour when the session time mode is selected. In other cases, this parameter is ignored
- Color_VWAP – color of the VWAP line
- Color_Deviation1 – Color of the lines of the first deviation
- Color_Deviation2 – Color of the lines of the second deviation
- Color_Deviation3 – Color of the lines of the third deviation
- Visibility_VWAP-Enable / Disable VWAP line display
- Visibility_Deviation1-Enables / disables the display of the first deviation lines
- Visibility_Deviation2-Enables / disables the display of the second deviation lines
- Visibility_Deviation3-Enables / disables the display of the third deviation lines
- VWAP – VWAP values
- 1. SD Top-Values of the first deviation line above VWAP
- 2. SD Top-Values of the second deviation line above VWAP
- 3. SD Top-Values of the third deviation line above VWAP
- 1. SD Bottom-Values of the first deviation line below VWAP
- 2. SDBottom-Values of the second deviation line below VWAP
- 3. SDBottom-Values of the third deviation line below VWAP
For more information, visit the PipTick VWAP page.