this is this most recent iteration of my famous scalper, Goldfinch EA, first published almost a decade ago. It scalps the marketplace when there
is a sudden rise in volatility that occurs in short periods of time: it assumes and tries to capitalize on the
inertia of cost movement following a sudden acceleration in price. This new version has been simplified to enable the trader to easily use
the optimization function of the tester to find the best trading parameters. [
- simple input parameters for simpler optimization
- Customizable trade management settings
- picking a trading session
- Choosing the day of the week
- Money Management
Scalpers from ticks are dangerous because many factors can ruin the result. Variable spreads and slippage reduce the mathematical
expectation of a trade, low tick density from a broker can lead to phantom trades, the stop level undermines your ability to make
a profit, and network latency means requotes. Caution is recommended.
- The Expert Advisor uses only tick data. Please perform testing in “every tick” mode.
- It doesn’t use HLOC data at all (high-low-open-close)
- The timing of trading does not matter
- Trigger: the price movement required to open a trade, in pips. (default = 10)
- Min Time Window: the minimum time for price movement. (default = 3)
- Maximum time window: maximum time for price movement. (default = 10)
- Breakeven: Pips in profit to break even. Zero means disabled.
- The behavior of break-even: Select either
a) Move the SL to open the price or
b) Provide half
profit from trading
- Trailing Stop: Trailing stop for trades, expressed as% of trading profit at that time
- Trailing step: the minimum increment in the stop loss order.
- Stop Loss: The stop loss in pips should have a value.
- Take Profit: Take profit in pips. Zero means disabled.
- Session Settings: enable / disable trading in Asian / American / European sessions
- Day of the week settings: enable / disable trading on weekdays
- Money Management behavior: choose any
a) Automatic calculation of the lot size for each trade or
b) trade a manual lot for each trade
- Risk per trade: risk per trade, expressed as a% of the account balance
- Manual Lot Size: for manual lot for transactions
- Complies with NFA / FIFO: allow trading this Expert Advisor on US brokers
- Custom Comment: Custom comment on trades
- Magic Number: the number used by the Expert Advisor to sign and recognize its trades.
- Slippage: maximum deviation in filling prices, in points.
- Manual pip value: if necessary, redefine the pip value for this symbol