It does not use the Martingale system and the grid. Only one order can be opened at a time. Always use a stop loss.
The time when the indicator sends a signal to the Expert Advisor is important for the strategy, so do not forget to correctly configure the UTC (GMT) parameters in accordance with your broker’s time zone!
The trading robot works on any chart and period. The input parameters are optimized for the EURUSD M5 chart.
- UTC (GMT) – the broker’s time zone. This parameter must be configured according to the time displayed in the Market Overview window (you can specify the time zone details in the MS Windows date and time settings).
- Auto_Moneymanage – enable / disable the automatic money management system.
- MiniLots – if set to ‘true’, automatic money management will work in increments of 0.01 lots.
- MaximumRisk – the risk of each transaction as a percentage of the available funds on the account.
- CorrLots – when working with some currencies and CFD instruments, money management issues an incorrect lot size. This parameter allows you to adjust this value. The required value can be found when testing on the history.
- Lots – the lot size if the automatic money management function is disabled.
- SL_Buy – the distance of the stop loss from the order opening price in points for buy orders.
- SL_Sell: the distance of the stop loss from the order opening price in points for sell orders.
- TP_Buy – the distance of the take profit from the order opening price in points for buy orders.
- TP_Sell – the distance of the take profit from the order opening price in points for sell orders.
- Counter – the number of bars to calculate the Trend Magic Indicator, based on which trades are opened.
- PowerSet – proximity of trigger points to bars (note: the robot does not draw points. To display the points, run the Trend Magic Indicator on the chart.
- magic – the magic number used for positions opened by the Expert Advisor.
- UseMagic – if set to false, it does not matter for the Expert whether the order has a magic number. In other words, the Expert Advisor can be used to close trades opened manually or by another Expert Advisor.
- CloseStraightInd – if set to true, the EA will not close positions on take profit. In this case, the positions will be closed on the signal of a trend change from the Trend Magic indicator.
- HourStart – the hour when the EA starts placing orders.
- MinuteStart – the minute when the EA starts placing orders.
- HourStop – the hour when the EA finishes placing orders.
- MinuteStop – the minute when the EA finishes placing orders.
- HourPause1 – the hour when the EA does not trade. At certain hours, many currencies are flat, and therefore the indicator signals may be false.
- HourPause2 – the hour when the EA does not trade. If set to 24 or more, the function is disabled.
- HourPause3 – the hour when the EA does not trade. If set to 24 or more, the function is disabled.
- HrFriStop – the time when the EA finishes placing orders on Friday, so as not to leave positions open for the weekend.
- HrFriClose – the hour when all open orders are closed by the Expert Advisor on Friday, so as not to leave positions open for the weekend.
- HrDailyClose – the hour of closing all open orders by the Expert Advisor every day, so as not to leave open CFD positions at night when the market is closed.
- MinClose – the minute when orders are closed on Friday or every day.
- Comment_Buy – comment on the purchase order. It is shown when the mouse hovers over the chart at the place where the order is opened.
- Comment_Sell – comment on the sell order.
- EURUSD_M5 – if false, the EA will ignore the following settings optimized for EURUSD M5. Then it will only work on the indicator signals.
- PeriodMA – a moving average for filtering signals from the Trend Magic Indicator.
There are 30 more settings in the indicator input parameters window. Do not change them if you are going to trade on the EURUSD chart with the M5 timeframe. But for the long-term successful use of any expert advisor, it is necessary to understand at least the basics of its work.
Product details are available on the “Discussion” tab.
There is added information about filters and settings, as well as screenshots. Since all settings can be changed, the robot can be perfectly optimized for other charts. For more convenient optimization, the Print output functions show when a particular function or filter was activated. Send suggestions for adding new features and settings.