Search

Address & Contact

Web

Best Rated EA 2021

*Please give your feedback about the products you have worked with. This will help other traders.

Trading Systems That Work

How to tell if your broker account has been hacked

How to tell if your broker account has been hacked

May 16, 2022

No access to your account or money missing from your account? Not so simple. The internal rule

Evolution: FAP Turbo Evolution

Evolution: FAP Turbo Evolution

May 16, 2022

Many of you have probably already received promotional letters by e-mail describing all the conce

Forex Derivative 2.0: the good old sliver

Forex Derivative 2.0: the good old sliver

May 16, 2022

It is very strange, but lately we are often asked about Forex Derivative. It seems to be not the

The z-score of returns and price indicator (ZRP) shows the z-score of the log returns which were assumed to follow a normal distribution and the z-score of the price.

Returns are mean reverting and assumed to follow a normal distribution, therefore z-score calculation of returns is more reliable than z-score on price, as price is NOT mean reverting and follow NOT a normal distribution but a log-normal distribution.

 

Z-score measures the distance to the mean in terms of standard deviation. If z-score is 0 it is equivalent to the mean score, if it is 1.0 the distance is 1 standard deviation from the mean. Therefore, it is important that the underlaying data follows a normal distribution, which the returns are assumed.

 

Main indicator data is the thick z-score line of the returns (coloured blue). It also shows outliers, if the respective line exceeds it individual standard deviation band it changes colour. At the default mode is exceeding 2 SDs. If turning pink it indicates a pre-warning that a bearish reversal could take place. If the Blue line turns ‚Äúaqua‚ÄĚ it indicates a bullish reversal.

Second thin grey line is the zscore of price. As previously described, price is not normal distributed, so it must be handled with care. Red and green colouring of that curve are showing possible reversals.

 

How to trade: As the returns are mean reverting, it is more likely if the z-score is high, that there will be a reversal back to the mean. So, it is an oscillator in a general sense. The confidence intervals for 90%, 95% and 99%, are also plotted which can act as probability levels, that the z-score will not exceed that level. That means, it can indicate a reversal. For instances if the curve is close to the 99% line, there is only a probability of 1% that the z-score of returns will exceed that line, so a reversal is more likely. Also, the colour change of the returns line (default: blue) can indicate a reversal (pink: bearish, aqua: bullish)

 

The Input Settings:

Sample Size: Default 30, length of periods back to calculated z-score of log returns and price

Multiplier: default 2.0, Multiplier in terms of standard deviation, to show outliers/possible reversals (line colour change)

Read More...

The z-score of returns and price indicator (ZRP) shows the z-score of the log returns which were assumed to follow a normal distribution and the z-score of the price.

Returns are mean reverting and assumed to follow a normal distribution, therefore z-score calculation of returns is more reliable than z-score on price, as price is NOT mean reverting and follow NOT a normal distribution but a log-normal distribution.

 

Z-score measures the distance to the mean in terms of standard deviation. If z-score is 0 it is equivalent to the mean score, if it is 1.0 the distance is 1 standard deviation from the mean. Therefore, it is important that the underlaying data follows a normal distribution, which the returns are assumed.

 

Main indicator data is the thick z-score line of the returns (coloured blue). It also shows outliers, if the respective line exceeds it individual standard deviation band it changes colour. At the default mode is exceeding 2 SDs. If turning pink it indicates a pre-warning that a bearish reversal could take place. If the Blue line turns ‚Äúaqua‚ÄĚ it indicates a bullish reversal.

Second thin grey line is the zscore of price. As previously described, price is not normal distributed, so it must be handled with care. Red and green colouring of that curve are showing possible reversals.

 

How to trade: As the returns are mean reverting, it is more likely if the z-score is high, that there will be a reversal back to the mean. So, it is an oscillator in a general sense. The confidence intervals for 90%, 95% and 99%, are also plotted which can act as probability levels, that the z-score will not exceed that level. That means, it can indicate a reversal. For instances if the curve is close to the 99% line, there is only a probability of 1% that the z-score of returns will exceed that line, so a reversal is more likely. Also, the colour change of the returns line (default: blue) can indicate a reversal (pink: bearish, aqua: bullish)

 

The Input Settings:

Sample Size: Default 30, length of periods back to calculated z-score of log returns and price

Multiplier: default 2.0, Multiplier in terms of standard deviation, to show outliers/possible reversals (line colour change)

Key Features of Algorithmic Trading Software

28 October 2021

1.0

To view other , select one of the filters corresponding to your interests in forex trading.

Reviews

Leave a Review

Price
Profit
Drawndown
Support
Safety
Publishing ...
Your rating has been successfully sent
Please fill out all fields
Captcha check failed
Loading…

Don't want to spend months and years learning how to analyse the market? 
Free yourself from all of that with our software
  • Accurate Signals
  • Strategy 2022
  • Full Risk control
  • 26 instruments  for analysis. 
  • Any broker
  • Free version is available for download in 1 minute

widget
Download Free
All results from Live and Demo accounts
close-link

Profitable Trading Robot 2022

widget
Free download in Telegram bot
You can download a free demo version in the Telegram bot. Just answer a few questions.
close-link
Click Me